Sunday, September 9, 2007

Isaiah 57, Ephesians 2

Isaiah 57

What amazing faith it takes to truly believe that a righteous man who perishes was blessed. Isaiah reminds us in verse 1 that he would be spared from evil. I remember a time in my faith journey where I hoped Jesus would not return until after I got to experience marriage, kids, career, etc... At times, I feel the same as I embark on new journeys in my life today. This is a sad confession.

How selfish. How small am I?

At times my perspective of God is way to small to think that this world has anything to offer me even close to the riches of heaven. In my soul, I know I would choose heaven. Even today. But once again, a reminder, of the power and influence of our flesh.

God, continue to grow my faith in you. A faith in my God who spoke, and it was.


Ephesians 2

We are reminded of God's amazing Grace that He would save a wretched sinner like me. So I am amazed. But His amazing nature continues for me today in refreshing ways.

In vs.17 Paul quotes a scripture from the Prophet Isaiah. He reminded us of what Christ would do in fulfilling that prophecy: "And He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near". It's a reminder that Christ came to bring us together. Those who were righteous by the law and those who were far from it. He came to tear down the walls by chosing to die for us. In return, He asks that we die to ourselves and rely upon a God who set the planets in their place. Thank you, God. Thank you that your foolishness is wiser than my wisdom.

Oh, and how has he refreshed my amazement today? Paul Quotes in Ephesians 2 a passage from Isaiah 57. Also today's reading. A simple reminder to me that He's going before us. A simple reminder that He knows what He's doing. A simple reminder that He is there. Once again, thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment