Thursday, September 6, 2007

Isaiah 54, Galatians 5

(Isaiah 54)

If God is for us, who can be against us? I’m reminded as I read Isaiah 54 of David’s 27th Psalm:

The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?
When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.

The attacks will come. When they do, may we remember these words. God, may our refuge always be you.

Galatians 5

It is for freedom’s sake that Christ has set us free. So what kind of thanks do we offer Christ if we refuse to live in that freedom? If we refuse to search out what that means? If we refuse to enjoy the life He offers, free of guilt, concern, anxiety, and condemnation?

Lord, help us not to abuse our freedom but to live in clear conscience before you. May we live a freedom that draws people to you, not repels. For when people are turned away from it, we know that freedom has been abused. Even in freedom, may we live out of love for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment