Monday, September 3, 2007

Isaiah 51, Galatians 2

(Isaiah 51)

I’m reminded of God’s greatness. He calls us through his Word to remember where we came from. For the Israelites, it was fulfilled promises through Abraham, Moses and beyond. I am reminded of humble beginnings, that from which God has called me. Called from a life of self, without purpose. Led to a calling for which I am unworthy, and continue to struggle with flesh daily.

But God’s word is encouragement. Through Him and His leading, success and Glory will be His. On His terms. In His timing.

(Galatians 2)

What a great reminder that Paul partnered with so many other men of God. God called out specific men for specific tasks to specific people.

I’m also reminded and challenged that even Peter was tempted to begin to listen to the old traditions and ways of Faith that pulled away from the person and message of Christ. We have to remember the heart message of Jesus. Bask in it and trust in it, even when others lead away or challenge that way.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. – Galatians 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment