Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Psalm 60 - Skill v.s. Will

"Save us and help us with your right hand that those you love may be delivered." - Psalm 60:5
This verse reminds me of the conversation between Moses and God in Numbers. The Israelites are complaining because they only have manna and no meat and God tells Moses that He will provide meat for a month. “But Moses said, "Here I am among six hundred thousand men on foot, and you say, 'I will give them meat to eat for a whole month!' Would they have enough if flocks and herds were slaughtered for them? Would they have enough if all the fish in the sea were caught for them?".

The LORD answered Moses, "Is the LORD's arm too short? You will now see whether or not what I say will come true for you."

If God wants it to happen, do we really think it can happen? Is His arm too short? Our mindset must be He can do it; the question is “Will He do it?”

1 comment:

  1. I know I sell God short a bunch. I am reading This Fine Mess. There is a chapter in there where it relates to our growing old. When we are young, we have no problem taking things at face value. How many times do our children jump to us from the side of the pool without hesitating? If we were told to jump into water twice as tall as we are, without knowing how to swim, would we? I know I wouldn't. Our children trust us the way we should trust God 100%.

    ReplyDelete