Sunday, April 6, 2008

John 17 "Pray for me"

John 17 – Brandon Hatmaker “Pray for me”
Friday, April 4, 2008

"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them." – John 17:24-26

There it is. After Jesus prayed for himself, that through His death He might bring glory to God, He prayed for His disciples, and then He prayed for you and me.

Jesus prayed that we would come to a full understanding of who He truly was and how he truly glorifies God. John 1 showed us that Jesus revealed the full Glory of God through sharing Grace and Truth. Not truth as Moses shared it, truth as God shares it through allowing us kinship in His Kingdom, true kinship. And his continued prayer? That we would know Him, know that God sent Him, and to be known by Him… why… verse 26 says the reason is that we may obtain the same love that God has for the Son and that He might be in us.

Not only does God desire for us to know Him, but the cry of the heart of the Son of God is that we might literally be in union with Him in love… and all things. Thank you Lord. May we trust, love, enjoy, find peace in that desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment