Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What about Women

Women are an amazing gift from God. If we see them as anything less, we are idiots. Women are a critical part of not only our lives, but also the church. It’s been that way from the beginning. Their commitment, intuition, and influence are at times, simply unparalleled. It’s a shame when we think of them as anything less than those who “together built up the house of Israel.” I can’t help but hear the story of Ruth and Naomi and think about the impact women of the world, from Phoebe of the NT to Mother Teresa. God has used their faith to radically impact the Church as we know it.

“Then the elders and all those at the gate said, "We are witnesses. May the LORD make the woman who is coming into your home like Rachel and Leah, who together built up the house of Israel.” – Ruth 4:11

And what about our own “personal” world? If it wasn’t for the faith of my Mom, I don’t know where I’d be. If it wasn’t for the faith of my wife… geeze, I can’t even imagine.

So today, in a world that de-values the role of women… I simply celebrate them. I celebrate and thank God for their ministry. I’m thankful for my wife Jen, who followed God’s calling and found His favor as an author and speaker. I pick on her sometimes and call her “Jen Hatmaker .com” (especially when she’s getting bossy). But I’m truly thankful for her ministry and all she’s contributed to my life and ministry. She’s more than a compliment to me, she’s the perfect gift.

Fella’s out there… you hear me?

1 comment:

  1. Women.... can anybody think of anything better He created? I can't!

    ReplyDelete