Tuesday, November 4, 2008

1 Sam 24 - More than Words

“The men said, "This is the day the LORD spoke of when he said to you, 'I will give your enemy into your hands for you to deal with as you wish.' " Then David crept up unnoticed and cut off a corner of Saul's robe.” 1 Sam 24:4


David is a bigger man than me. (No duh, right) I don’t know if any of us can really understand how intense, how emotionally draining, and how spiritually thick this whole journey was for David. Talk about a ride. What gave him this confidence and strength? A word from the Lord.

"The LORD forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the LORD's anointed, or lift my hand against him; for he is the anointed of the LORD." With these words David rebuked his men and did not allow them to attack Saul. And Saul left the cave and went his way.” 1 Samuel 24 6-7


David heard from God. And he did what He said. Seems like a simple concept. But is it really? We spend so much time searching for what God is saying next, sometimes we forget about what He’s already said, even when the answers are already there as well. If we would just do this: Do what God has told us, things would never be the same.

Here are some more "Words" from the Lord. There is little room for misinterpretation.

“Love God.”

“Love your Neighbor.”

“Obey my commands.”

“Do what I have been doing.”

“Take my yoke upon you... For my burden is light.”

"Do not let your hearts be troubled.”

“Trust in God. Trust also in me.”

1 comment:

  1. It's not hard, read the Book, do what the Author says. When it gets complicated is when we start to put our own sinful spin on His teaching. It says love your neighbor so, love your neighbor. It says to care for the widows and orphans so, care for the widows and orphans. Let your yes be yes and your no be no.

    ReplyDelete