Thursday, August 7, 2008

Joshua 11 “The Enemy”

Joshua 11 – Brandon Hatmaker “The Enemy”
Thursday, August 7th, 2008

“The LORD said to Joshua, "Do not be afraid of them…” – Joshua 11:6

When I read this verse, my mind instantly takes me to the encouragement to take confidence before other people who might oppose us and how easy it is to see opposition in others… even when it’s in our own mind.

What’s difficult, however, is to see opposing circumstances as carrying the same power to impact our lives. Circumstance can be our enemy. While we may naturally take up the tangible battle with a person, the details of a situation can sometime sneak up on us, take us out, create massive fear or concern in our lives, and we rarely if ever identify it as something that God also says, “do not be afraid” about. In turn, we give it so much emotional energy, mental energy, and time that most certainly should be committed to accomplishing something more noteworthy.

There is no circumstance and no situation that the Lord of the universe cannot overcome. There is no calling He will place on our lives and no expectation that He cannot provide for. There is a battle that rages in the Spiritual realm… and our God tells us that although our battle is NOT against flesh and blood… we can take confidence as a child of God.

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” – Isaiah 43:1

1 comment:

  1. Brandon, I like the line you use about, "give it so much emotional energy, mental energy, and time ...". I am in a place like that right now. I feel unfullfilled at my "job". I love the fact that where ever God leads us, He will be there with us. As a child of God I know that He is watching out for me. Thanks for the reminder again this morning.

    ReplyDelete