Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Genesis 17, Matthew 8

Tuesday, Dec 18, 2007 - Brandon Hatmaker (Genesis 17, Matthew 8)

(Genesis 17)

“No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations. I will make you very fruitful; I will make nations of you, and kings will come from you.”

Let there be no doubt that our God changes lives. Let there be no doubt. Here, he not only changed Abrams life, he changed his name. Then he spoke a blessing over him.

I believe when we speak blessing to someone, it is empowering. Not only should we be careful on negative words, but we should go out of our way to speaking positive words to others.

I pray that we are a continued encouragement to each other as brothers in Christ. I pray that we do what Colossians 3 says to not only correct one another gently but to sharpen and encourage each other, putting on love above all.

(Matthew 8)

Verses 1-3 say, “When he came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean." Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!"

Take that in for a moment: Jesus said, “I am willing”

Seems to be the theme of His life. Why wouldn’t it be? God has always been willing to make the sacrifice, offer grace, and be forgiving. Seek, the bible says, and you will find.

I’m through with wondering if God wants His best for us. He does. He gave us His best through Christ. He came to earth to give us life to the full. Why would we ever doubt.

God, thank you for your greatness. Thank you for your blessing. Thank you that you give us full life. May we claim your power as your child. May we claim your joy each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment