Monday, March 31, 2008

John 7 "Life and Death"

John 7 - Brandon Hatmaker - "Life and Death"

“After this, Jesus went around in Galilee, purposely staying away from Judea because the Jews there were waiting to take his life.” Vs. 1

Take that in for a moment. They pursued Jesus to take His life. We know that they eventually did (as a part of God’s plan). I thought today about how Saul pursued David seeking his death. Remember the ancient martyrs of the Bible, as well with those who take a stand today.

We have strife and we have struggle because of our faith, Jesus said we will have trouble in this world, but very few of us (in the good ole’ USA) are pursued because of our faith to the death.

Lord, forgive me when I continue to complain about personal struggles that are many times selfish. Forgive me for treating them like they are life and death when they are not. Teach me God, to find complete peace in you in the middle of storms, no matter their size.

No comments:

Post a Comment