Monday, February 25, 2008

Exodus 15, Luke 12

Monday, February 25, 2008 - Brandon Hatmaker

"Only one way to respond."

(Exodus 15)

When reading Exodus 15, you just can’t go there without remembering what had just happened in Chapter 14. The Israelites were miraculously saved from the hand of the Egyptians. God parted the sea, and they walked on dry land. The closing verse of the chapter captures their heart, “And when the Israelites saw the great power the LORD displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the LORD and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant.” – Exodus 14:31

While Chapter 14 captures the Israelites heart and mind. Chapter 15 very quickly captures their response: They Worshiped the Lord.

“Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the LORD: "I will sing to the LORD, for he is highly exalted. The horse and its rider he has hurled into the sea. The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.” Vs. 1-2

We are created to worship. God alone is worthy of our worship. Seems like a fit made in heaven!

Father, you alone are worthy. You have done great things and are worthy of our praise. Forgive us when we take your credit. Forgive us when we neglect giving thanksgiving. May we no longer say thanks with our mind alone, may we truly give thanks with our hearts, soul, spirit, posture, and words. Help us to lead others to recognize your greatness. Everything good is truly from above. Thank you Lord for you greatness!

(Luke 12)

"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”

No comments:

Post a Comment